Request information about our services
At Concordia Visiting Nurses, providing high-quality patient care is still our number one priority for all of our caregivers and it is important that our clinicians have access to the patient and diagnosis-specific information that makes optimal care possible.
That’s why we employ the use of a Point of Care (POC) technology in home health care. Simply meant, all our clinicians use a computer at the point of patient care to document all service to our client and to satisfy government regulators.
With the increase regulatory pressure placed on our industry, our advanced POC computerized technology makes it possible for our agency to meet the challenges of Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) claim forms, electronic claim submission, the Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) and Planning Policy Statement 1 (PPS1) to satisfy the government’s planning policies.
Concordia Visiting Nurses utilizes Telehealth Technology. Telehealth is the delivery of health-related services and information via telecommunications technologies.
All patients are evaluated for Telehealth of which the Telehealth monitors play a big part in helping our patients live healthier lives at no extra cost to our patients. The patient is prompted everyday to take vital signs which may including blood pressure, temperature, pulse, weight, and pulse oximetry readings. These readings are transmitted to a central station where the monitor nurse assesses the readings. A red alert accompanies the abnormal reading based on preset parameters for the patient. The monitor nurse calls the patients with the red alerts and evaluates the need for intervention from the patient’s doctors. Patient medical problems are picked up sooner and receive medical intervention sooner. The Telehealth monitors help our patients to self manage their disease processes. And some patients choose to keep their monitors in their home for a fee.
Return to top
The Benfits of TeleHealth Technology
- Eliminate unnecessary and unscheduled visits to the doctor’s office
- Breaks the cycle of emergency care and hospital re–admissions for patients with chronic illness such as CHF, diabetes, etc.
- Help physicians be more pro–active in patient care, allowing for adjustments to the treatment plan or medications
- Encourages patient self-management by reinforcing positive behavior and lifestyle changes
- Facilitates patient and caregiver participation in the plan of care producing better maintainable outcomes
- Gives concerned family members the peace of mind that a professional clinician is monitoring the patient on a daily basis and communicating important information to the physician
- Patient has the option to check themselves as often as they desire, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Health care vital sign alerts limits are individually set for each patient
- Complete and objective clinical patient data is always immediately available to the physician
- Trend-over-time data ensures continuity of care
- Prompt communication of abnormal parameters and routine trend reports allows the physician to detect subtle changes in clinical status before a patient’s condition deteriorates
Return to top
Technology to Keep you Safe at Home
Technology plays a big role in our lives these days, and Concordia Visiting Nurses Private Duty Services employs the use of several “gadgets” to help deliver you the best, most efficient and affordable services.
Concordia’s Medical Alert System Devices
Your custom designed Medical Alert System by Concordia Visiting Nurses is installed in your home by our trained staff. Each system includes a base unit, a waterproof emergency button or wristband, clip-on and traditional pendant options as standard.
The unit includes:
- Two-way voice standard — talk directly to the monitoring professionals
- Braille characters for emergency, home, and clear functions.
- Whole House” speaker phone included.
- 32 – 72 hour rechargeable battery back-up.
- Distinct alarm tone provided for emergency situations
- Medical Alert Base Unit
- Rechargeable Battery Back-up
- Plug-in Power Supply
- Plug-in Phone Cord Included
- Installation in minutes (plug in auto detection)
- Waterproof emergency button: (*White Pendant, *Black Wristband)
- Installs in minutes (plug in unit and test by pressing emergency button).
For more information about Concordia’s Medical Alert System Devices, call our Cabot Office at 1-877-352-6200. You can also message us here.
TabSafe Medication Dispensing Unit
TabSafe is the easy-to use, effective solution for managing medications yet can accommodate even the most complex schedules.
The security features and online reporting mean peace of mind for the user, family and caregivers. Improving medication adherence to over 96% leads to increased wellness and independence.
- Safety and security for users and caregivers
- Manages “as needed” medication
- Flexible scheduling
- Online reporting capabilities
- Easy-to-fill cassettes
- Home or pharmacy filled
For more information about medication dispensing, call our Cabot Office at 1-877-352-6200. You can also message us here.
Return to top